Neem seed essential oil is one very strong and highly antiseptic essential oil. The oil many amazing properties that have made this oil very desirable and sought after. The taste of the oil is probably the only thing that isn’t very likeable but the rest is just miraculous.
Planting three or more Neem trees during one’s lifetime was considered a surefire ticket to heaven.
The earliest documentation of neem mentioned the fruit, seeds, oil, leaves, roots and bark for their advantageous medicinal properties. These benefits are listed in the ancient documents ‘Carak- Samhita’ and ‘Susruta-Samhita’, the books at the foundation of the Indian system of natural treatment, Ayurveda.
- Hair Care: A decoction prepared from the leaves of neem is used as a head wash to prevent premature graying of hair, hair loss and to remove lice infestation and dandruff.
- Ear Drops: Juice of neem leaves (5 ml) and equal quantity of honey when mixed well and instilled as ear drops, reduces oozing from the ear and also removes inflammation. However, if the oozing persists and is painful and foul smelling, expert guidance should be sought.
- Jaundice: Juice of neem leaves (15 – 30 ml) and half the quantity of honey is taken on an empty stomach for seven days.
- Stomatitis: For infantile stomatitis 10 -15 dry neem leaves along with 5gms of Pippali (long pepper) and honey should be ground and applied on the tongue.
- Worms: The juice of neem leaves (10 ml) along with honey and asafetida powder (5gms) removes intestinal worms in children.
- Stomach Problems: 5gms of dried neem flowers mixed and fried with 5gms each of rock salt, old tamarind, chillies and curry leaves is prepared into a chutney and given in conditions such as vomiting, anorexia, sour belching and worms.
- Urticaria: A decoction of neem bark, sandal and guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia) is taken internally.
- Piles: Four seeds of neem powdered and mixed with warm water and taken as a drink on empty stomach for a week stops bleeding in piles. The seeds of neem fried along with copper sulphate and mixed well with coconut oil is beneficial as an ointment for piles.
Go through our reference links now -